Following the Roman law of „no one can bury or burn down a corpse within a town“ this eight-angled mausoleum as a cemetery from 1st century had to be placed along the road leading into Pula. Not far away from the Twin Gates and in vicinity of city walls the mausoleum was a reminder of a glorious life of the dead. Nowadays there are only ruins of a lower part excavated in 1941. The bottom pedestal is of a circle type made of three steps. Within the mausoleum there is a chaplet carved that was to divide an eight-angled base from the central object as well as the central and upper part of the building. Above the five-meters-high Corinthian columns there are ruins saved but it is presumed there were a three-belt- epistyle and frieze with motifs of Sphinx, Gryphons and Priapus together with rich chaplets. When observing its size it can be assumed that the mausoleum’s central part contained a burial chamber. The roof covered the entire eight-angled reconstruction and it was probably shaped as a low eight-angled pyramid made of lead boards.